This post originally appeared on the JadoPado Blog and has been re-produced here to preserve the JadoPado historical record.
Is this the year of E-Commerce for the Middle East? What are the challenges, opportunities and hurdles to creating an E-Commerce business in the Middle East? Do consumers shop online in the Middle East?
On 16th May 2012, Dubai Eye 103.8’s #UnwiredFM on Siobhan Live featured a special segment on E-Commerce in the Middle East. On the show were a whole bunch of fabulous people:
- Spot On PR’s Alexander McNabb
- Rama Chakaki, Partner at Baraka Ventures
- Sonia Sultan, Director of Brand Partnerships and Marketing Collaboration at Glambox Middle East
- Monica Debowski, Director of Operations for Glambox Middle East
- Myself, Omar Kassim, Founder of JadoPado
- Rania Kanaan and Zaina Kanaan co-founders of Ananasa.com
- Alexandra Tohme, Concept Developer at Ogilvy One
- Dubai Eye Radio Host, Siobhan Leyland
It was a fantastic hour spent discussing the local and regional e-commerce market, some of the challenges (including the usual gripe about local banks and online payments!) and some of the interesting e-commerce related business opportunities that are hitting the local market as well as the region.
In case you missed it, we’ve grabbed Dubai Eye’s 4 Part Podcast (with their permission of course!) and have merged it into one long 45 minute clip. Enjoy!